Saturday, May 21, 2011

Well Hello There My Lovelies!

So as you can see, I have a few donation gadgets on my blog. These are all charities that are very close to my heart. Especially the To Write Love On Her Arms Foundation. I myself struggled with depression for many years, as well as many people very close to me. It is hard for me to tell this, but i feel it needs to be said. I want to help others with their depression and cutting, so I will share my stories.

When I was ten, my aunt passed away from cancer. She was more of a mother to me than an aunt. I was with her on the bed when she took her last breaths. I was holding her hand when she left. I tried to give CPR, but it was of no use. The nurse came in and took me away. This was what truly set off my depression. After this incident, I attempted to hang myself. The next day, I woke up in the hospital. As it turns out, my cousin found me and they were able to revive me. From then on, I started cutting and burning. My body has numerous scars. wrists, forearms, ankles, thighs, ribs, hips and a few other places. I have gotten help now, and no longer struggle with cutting and burning, but I would like to help people see that life is truly beautiful and it is worth living for, and there are more ways to take out anger and sadness than harming yourself.

If anyone, and I mean anyone needs help with this struggle, feel free to email me. I want to hear your stories and try and give you help.

So, my dearest followers and friends, lets help make a difference in this world and do a bit of donating! I don't ask for much, just for you to be open hearted and optimistic, and take care of yourself, loved ones, strangers, and our beloved world

Lots of love, Cupcakes N' Cannonballs, A.K.A, Emily.

No comments:

Post a Comment