Thursday, May 5, 2011

is there a lost and found for hearts someplace?

It seems that maintaining a healthy relationship in high school is impossible. In my whole school, there is about three couples that have lasted a year+. I always find myself helping my friends with their relationship situations. Everything from advice to the sex talk, they come to me. Just recently, there has been what seems to be a plague of breakups around the school. I, myself was a victim. I had been dating a guy from another school up until Friday of last week. On Friday, I was having a girls night with three of my best friends, when i got the text. After the text came the call making sure i got the text. In the text, he confessed to cheating on me multiple times. Ouch. Not even five hours later, whilst checking my face book, I stumbled upon his new relationship status in my news feed. That bastard is now dating a FORMER friend of mine. Also in the breakup text i received he stated i was too "weird" for him, and that he needed to be single for a while. Weird? The girl he is dating now has half blue and half white hair, she changed her face book name to the name of a Japanese singer, and is overly obsessed with Japanese people. And single? In the words of Chicago's cell block tango, single my ass!

But any how, back to the said "plague" of breakups at my school. A close friend of mine was dating my second cousin. Today I took a long walk with my ex, and best friend as I snapped a few pictures for art class and we chatted about relationships. When i returned home, I checked my face book and the first thing i see on my news feed is that they broke up. This guy was her first love. She had her first time with him. She would do anything in the world for him. Shes completely devastated about this breakup. Back to my walk with my ex, we walked and talked, and things felt like the good old times. It was a gorgeous day, and I was happy to be walking along side him. We talked about  our former relationship, that both of us still cling onto a bit. I still have feelings for him, but I'm not sure how he feels about me. I'm too nervous to ask. I think he does, but I will save the asking for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment